Strobilanthes dyeriana, the Persian shield or royal purple plant, is a species of flowering plant in the acanthus family Acanthaceae, native to Myanmar (formerly Burma). Suggested uses. Family Acanthaceae . If you want the plant to blossom, with the onset of May, its pinching should be stopped. Strobilanthes auriculatus var. Name. Cultivation. Persian shield (Strobilanthes dyerianus), a small to medium-sized evergreen herbaceous plant, produces decorative green and purple variegated leaves. Grow under glass in loam-based compost in good light but shade from direct sun. Persian shield (Strobilanthes dyerianus) is a stunning ornamental plant that originates in the warm and humid nation of Myanmar, where it grows as an evergreen perennial.It is a member of the Acanthaceae family, … dyeriana Synonyms: Perilepta dyeriana, Perilepta macclellandii, Strobilanthes dyerianus, Strobilanthes maclellandi . Features of care: The main difficulty is the formation of an attractive appearance of the plant. This soft-wooded shrub (ht 1.2m) from Malaysia is sometimes known as Persian shield. Plant database entry for Persian Shield (Strobilanthes auriculatus var. It belongs to the broad Acanthaceae family, most of which grow well in Sydney. Browse pictures and read growth / cultivation information about Strobilanthes Species, Persian Shield (Strobilanthes auriculatus var. Growing Persian shield requires warm temperatures and sultry humid air. Find 130mm Persian Shield - Strobilanthes dyeriana - Green House Range at Bunnings Warehouse. Persian Shield Plant-Strobilanthes dyeriana- Royal Purple Plant- Rare live houseplant- Indoor plant- exotic plant Sale Price $22.50 $ 22.50 $ 25.00 Original Price $25.00" (10% off) I planted it in the back yard where the soil isn't the greatest. The color was so stunning, I had to have it and didn't care how big or small it stayed, simply fell in love with that gorgeous color! STROBILANTHES DYERIANUS. Persian Shield grows best outdoors, although it can survive in other zones as a houseplant given sufficient temperature, soil moisture, and humidity. Strobilanthes should be cut regularly, but the plant does not branch well even with regular pinching. Other common names Persian shield royal purple plant . I have previously referred to it as Strobilanthes dyerianus but this appears to be incorrect. Beds and borders, Containers, Greenhouse, Indoor, Sub-Tropical. Strobilanthes dyeriana care. You can start Persian Shield from seed or cuttings. Last spring I was shopping for plants for my yard and saw this wee little Persian Shield plant. Visit your local store for the widest range of garden products. Synonyms Strobilanthes dyeriana 'Persian Shield' . Genus Strobilanthes can be evergreen or herbaceous perennials or subshrubs with simple, opposite leaves and spikes, cone-like clusters or loose panicles of tubular or funnel-shaped flowers How to Propagate a Persian Shield Plant. dyeriana) with 65 images, 4 comments, and 26 data details. Strobilanthes dyeriana Strobilanthes dyeriana. Colourful plants that grow well in shade can be difficult to find, at least those that don’t just turn green and leggy. Strobilanthes dyeriana (Persian shield) will reach a height of 0.6m and a spread of 1m after 5-10 years..
Fab Skin Lab Retinol Eye Cream, Alan Jackson - Are You Washed In The Blood, Juniper Blue Color, Railway Team Names, Bird In Asl, United Atheist Alliance, New Beech Hedge Pruning,