VALUEConsidering the materials and manufacturer, the Benchmade North Fork Folder is priced well below its worth. Add to Wish List. See all 233 positive reviews › yeahOK. It is just a simple blade in a handle. These two are both just the right size, with smooth hinges, easy one-handed operation, and locks that work easier and more reliably than any other in the test. When you click on links to buy products we may earn money to support. The excellent CPM-S30V steel drop point blade and contoured black/gray G-10 scales make this an extremely capable knife. STEEL QUALITY / EDGE RETENTIONThe CPM S30V blade steel featured on the North Fork is one of the best of the popular blade steels out there now. Add Custom Engraving + $ 19.99. CPM-S30V Blade, G-10 Handle The New Benchmade North Fork Folding Knife is an exceptionally well-made and versatile tactical Hunting/Sportsmans knife, great for those who want a general carry knife that doesn't sacrifice the strength and power needed for more rigorous applications. In the end, after tuning all of these, Benchmade does a dang fine job with the blade of the North Fork. The blade is carefully tuned and consists of excellent materials. Benchmade makes sturdy knives that are lightweight. Ideally, the knife suits anyone keen on getting a reliable folding knife. The angle(s) at which the faces of the blade meet determines the function of that edge. On the entire continuum of pocket knife size, the North Fork is near the top. Your blade must be sharp and stay that way. The drop-point blade makes North Fork 1503 a handy hunting tool for skinning and slicing wildlife. In fact, all the knives we tested are well made. Learn: About Us Policies Reviews Blog How To. If you need a tough knife for EDC, camping, or tactical situations, … We only make money if you purchase a product through our links, and we never accept free products from manufacturers. I have been putting M390 through its paces between this Valet and my ZT 0620 . I know that seems weird to do, but I wanted to test out the jimping that Benchmade put farther down the blade (toward the tip), allowing for the user to slice fur and fat away from meat. Buy the Benchmade 15031-1 North Fork BM-15031-1 on sale for a great price at our online store! Shop Benchmade Knife Company for a wide selection of high-performance Everyday Carry (EDC), Hunt, Rescue, Tactical, Outdoor, and Survival knives. Although the North Fork was, apparently, designed for hunting applications, I can't comment on how it performs in the wild. The other Benchmade blades are similar and provide good quality as well. First, even right out of the box, there are different definitions of sharp. Write a review. Live Chat Contact Check Order Status. It's always handy this way, and largely unobtrusive except in the most formal of situations. Besides that, I had no issues using the North Fork for regular tasks, and carving up some meat. Benchmade HUNT North Fork Axis-lock Folder, 15031-1, 2.97 in. The pocket clip is secure and can be switched from one side to the other, depending on your hand preference. In the end I chose the North Fork and I am happy I did. A steeper angle may very well be sharp, but it doesn't cut very well because the faces must force the material apart further after making the initial cut. This AXIS lock has dymondwood handles with a reversible tip-up pocket clip and a lanyard hole. I can say that it is an absolute delight as an EDC. Benchmade North Fork 1503 is excellent for campers, hikers and hunters. 6 - Benchmade North Fork Folder 15031-2 Knife - Authorized ... Free shipping. The Benchmade North Fork Dymondwood Handle features a 2.97" CPM-S30V drop point blade with a satin finish. Our pocket knife reviews cut through the fluff and get... Pocket knife shopping is daunting. Although I felt the Benchmade North Fork was a little small for bigger jobs—especially when out hunting—it’s a fine pocketknife that can handle any daily task or a few days in the woods. Larger knives (to a point) are easier to use. Washington State, Northwest, Puget Sound Fishing, Hunting, Camping, Hiking Outfitter 17 product ratings. Your email address will not be published. The Benchmade North Fork Gray Black G10 Handle features a 2.97" CPM-S30V drop point blade with a satin finish and a blade thickness of .11". Although I felt the Benchmade North Fork was a little small for bigger jobs—especially when out hunting—it’s a fine pocketknife that can handle any daily task or a few days in the woods. The size is such that it clips relatively unobtrusively to your pants pocket. FREE SHIPPING on Over 250,000 Products. 5.0 out of 5 stars based on 17 product ratings. If you have questions about the Benchmade 15031-1 North Fork or other Pocket Knives we sell, contact us to speak with a product expert who can recommend the best Pocket Knives for you. This AXIS lock has black and gray G-10 handles with a reversible tip-up pocket clip and a lanyard hole. We only review top scoring products, and top performing pocket knives are all well made of excellent materials. The one way in which these two are different is in the assisted opening function. Dark Vintage Bronze Titanium Deep Carry Pocket Clip Made For Benchmade North Fork, Grizzly Creek, Crooked River and Griptilian Knife blade4sell. It is also a steal, value-wise, and looks awesome in and out of your pocket. If that is a deal-breaker for you, then you may want to consider its near-equal, the Mini-Barrage 585. Benchmade Griptilian 551 Knife. Benchmade went with Bohler M390 stainless steel for the Valet. In stock. A blade's sharpness and integrity is a function of usage, materials, heat treatment, and geometry. Both Dymondwood and CPM S30V are designed to take abuse. October 26, 2018. We only review top scoring products, and top performing pocket knives are all well made of excellent materials. For the vast majority of tasks, though, this size is just right. North Fork is in the 58-60HRC range, which is ok, but 58HRC is on a softer side to me, and I can't really tell the difference in terms of sharpening difficulty between 58HRC and 60-61HRC, while I can tell the difference in terms of edge holding on the same steel when hardness is 1-2 HC higher/lower. The North Fork folding knife also … item 6 Benchmade North Fork Folder 15031-2 Knife - Authorized Dealer! Get one and covet it! How can we improve GearLab? The 15031-1 North Fork folder is an excellent hunting tool, hence its inclusion in Benchmade's Hunt line of knives. Material on GearLab is copyrighted. All you might think you care about, as it pertains to a knife's edge, is "is it sharp?" It’s highly corrosion resistant, extremely durable, and will hold an edge long enough foryou to get back from a slow walk through the AT. There are no other features on the Benchmade North Fork. The. The modified drop-point blade features an ambidextrous thumb stud with S30V premium stainless steel. The North Fork from Benchmade is a classy, functional piece of equipment eclipsed by the Mini Barrage only in that the MB has assisted opening functionality. Home » Gear Reviews » Hiking & Camping » Knives » Folding Knives » Benchmade North Fork. It is easy to make a heavy, sturdy knife. However, that is not the whole story. EASE OF USEThe Benchmade North Fork is the same size as their Mini-Griptilian knife, but for some reason it felt very small in my hand where the Mini-Griptilian does not. Also, because every knife requires ongoing sharpening (despite what certain budget knife manufacturers claim), it must be easy to resurface. If you are ok with the blade steel of the North Fork (the Mini Barrage offers choices, the North Fork does not) and do not want the assisted opening function of the Barrage, the wooden handle of the North Fork may appeal to you. See All Buying Options. If you consider... the world's most carefully tested and objective gear reviews. We like this size compromise. For carrying, of course, smaller like this is better. CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON. The North Fork from Benchmade is well made. Our Editors independently research, test, and rate the best products. The pocket clipped North Fork. GearLab is reader-supported. Now, that is a simple question, with a complicated answer. Be the first to review “Benchmade North Fork – G10” Cancel reply. In short, it is smoothness. What sets the best of the best apart is their weight for the construction quality. It took a lot for me to pony up this much coin for a pocket knife, but it … It would make a great backup blade in any longer or hunting-related excursions. It is a boutique piece of equipment for discerning users. Notable differences include fewer customizable options, the wooden handle, and the lack of assisted opening. You help support OutdoorGearLab's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners. 5 out of 5 stars (285) 285 reviews 5.0 out of 5 stars Higher end at a lower price. This contender is not an inexpensive knife. It’s a manual opener with ambidextrous thumb studs. Washington State, Northwest, Puget Sound Fishing, Hunting, Camping, Hiking Outfitter It is also a steal, value-wise, and looks awesome in and out of your pocket. And it is ergonomics that set the Mini Barrage apart from other high-end knives we tested. Some of you may seen some Benchmade QA issues over the past few years (writing this in 2019) but the North Fork I own is flawless. Got feedback? Buy BENCHMADE BM150311 for $124.95 with free shipping - Benchmade Hunt North Fork Folding Knife 2.97 inch S30V Blade, Contoured G10 Handles at KnifeCenter Simple whittling would be "beneath" the capabilities of the North Fork if it weren't just so enjoyable to shave precise curlicues with the razor sharp blade. This is a greater feat. Write a review. The North Fork folding knife … However, we cannot call it a great value. However, it is not at the very top. by Benchmade. Read review: Benchmade 15031-2 North Fork The fit & finish, blade centering, blade grind, and axis lock are perfect - smooth as butter. The BENCHMADE KNIVES: 15031-1 HUNT - North Fork - G-10, IN STOCK at Knives Ship Free. A smaller angle cuts very well but won't last very long. Benchmade - North Fork 15031-2 Knife, Drop-Point Blade. Portability, regarding size, is also at direct odds with ergonomics. Privacy | Cookies | Terms, The world's most in-depth and scientific reviews of gear, This is one of the best knives we have ever tested with a wooden handle. DURABILITYI gave the Benchmade North Fork a good beating before I handed it off for the holidays—and it looked brand new. All trademarks property of their respective owners Features Drop-point, CPM-S30V premium, stainless-steel blade (58-60HRC) holds edges well and works for a variety of uses; smoked gray chromium nitride coating offers a subtle look 17 users rated this 5 out of 5 stars 17. Benchmade North Fork – G10 $ 185.00 $ 157.25. Ratings and Reviews. There’s a lot of hype … On the Mini-Barrage the blade is spring loaded in such a way that the user just needs to start the process of opening it, and the spring pulls it the rest of the way. Sure, sharp is sharp; the blade has a pointed edge, or it doesn't. In fact, all the knives we tested are well made. Additionally, the variables are many. It is this size that seems to offer the best compromise of ergonomics and portability. The wood grain look and feel of Dymondwood, paired with the S30V blade steel and key design aspects send the North Fork into the stratosphere. The North Fork from Benchmade is well made. Our test team (and likely you) like this feature. North Fork-1503 isn’t ideal for knives buyers with a … What sets the best of the best apart is their weight for the construction quality. Top positive review. Benchmade HUNT North Fork Folder Knife Review With a rich history dating back over 30 years, Benchmade is the product of many dedicated employees, a never-quit demand for excellence and the de Asis family’s vision and total commitment to culture, service and innovation. It was a nice added feature. What makes a super pricey knife twice as good as one that costs half that? See all 8 - All listings for this product. It’s … Portability is a function of size, weight, pocket clip utility, and other carry options. It would make a great backup blade in any longer or hunting-related excursions. Shop Benchmade North Fork Folding Knife, 15031-2 | 15% Off Be The First To Review Benchmade North Fork Folding Knife, 15031-2 + Free Shipping over $49. The Benchmade North Fork Hunt Series knife is a great everyday carry knife and has a great look, as well. The two knives are very similar, and it comes down to if you want the more classic version with the North Fork or the more modern version with the Mini-Barrage. Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 21 w/ Insingo Blade, Gerber Gator Premium Folder – Clip Point Blade, Spyderco Manix 2 Black Lightweight Folder C101BK2, Works well as back-up or secondary hunting knife, Blade is too small to be a primary hunting tool. 5.0. It is a perfect size for EDC carry in a pocket with keys and change, the blade is sharp and will stay that way unless abused, and I like the wood look. 5. AXIS® locking mechanism CPM-S30V premium stainless steel blade (58-60HRC) 15031-1: Contoured G10 handle; 15031-2: Dymondwood® handle Stainless steel liners with reversible tip-up pocket clip Modified drop-point blade with ambidextrous dual thumb-stud opener Mini Griptilian 556 EDC Benchmade Pocket Knife. It feels great in hand and is effortless to use. Reviews and Ratings for Benchmade Hunt North Fork Folding Knife 2.97 S30V Blade, Contoured G10 Handles at KnifeCenter Aside from one major variable, the ergonomics of the North Fork knife are virtually identical to those of the Benchmade Mini Barrage 585. From day one, Benchmade has used the finest materials to produce the best knives possible. From shop blade4sell. Which brings us to the other part of blade and edge integrity. For the price, you get great quality and lasting design. It is this that mainly sets the Mini-Barrage ahead of the North Fork. The knife we test with the most other features is the Victorinox Climber. Larger knives are better in bigger than average hands and for bigger than average tasks, but the size of the North Fork is just right for most people in most applications. All others will prefer the Mini-Barrage. Reproduction without permission is prohibited. The 15031-2 North Fork folder is an excellent hunting tool, hence its inclusion in Benchmade's Hunt line of knives. *Your purchase helps to support the work of Gear Institute. CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALSBenchmade was thinking outside the box with the use of Dymondwood handle scales on it North Fork Folder—and it’s awesome. I've had mine for a couple years now. This is the story of Benchmade. The Benchmade North Fork knife can be thought of like a special edition of the Mini-Barrage. Today, we're going to take a look at a great everyday carry option, in a nice material, from Benchmade, the North Fork. The excellent CPM-S30V steel drop point blade and beautiful Dymondwood scales make this an extremely capable knife. 5 out of 5 stars (112) 112 reviews $ 80.00 FREE shipping Only 1 available and it's in 20 people's carts. Price: $114.94 - $185.00. It’s a manual opener with ambidextrous thumb studs. Heat treated to 60-62HRc, M390 is a super steel with superior edge holding abilities, yet it is still easy to maintain. Like the Editors Choice Mini Barrage, the North Fork knife is smaller than "full size". Here's my initial review of the Benchmade 15031-1 North Fork folding hunter. Subtle yet capable, the Benchmade 535GRY-1 Bugout DP Fine-Edge knife was designed to easily blend into its surroundings, from the campground to the city. The internal frame and hardware were on par with the quality we’ve come to expect from Benchmade. Smaller knives (with no limit, really) are more portable. Let us know! Reviews There are no reviews yet. All these attributes are difficult to balance and tune.
Ratchet And Clank: Tools Of Destruction Pc, Boiled Chicken For Weight Gain, Devilbiss Starting Line Parts, Bear Hunting Dog Name, Big Game Guardian Xlt, Casio Keyboard Power Cord Dc 9v,